Monday, June 07, 2010

Its Raining

5 nights ago, I wished it would rain. There were intermittent, sporadic showers. But no monsoon rains. At least not until today. It rained in the night, It rained during the day. And I got a little wet coming back from office. But absolutely loved the weather. There is something marvellously uplifting about the rain. The pit-pat-patter of the raindrops on the windows, getting soaked in the showers. Just marvellous. 
And the rains will make the heart want to sing. Here is list of random rain songs which came to my mind.

1. Shubha Mudgal's - Ab Ke Saawan Aise Barse
 Hoping for a great rainy season. Full of energy, this is a song celebrating the arrival of the monsoon.

2. BJ Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
If I am outside while it is raining, the song automatically starts playing in my head.

3. Saawan Barse Tarse Dil - from the movie Dahek
Soft romantic number, and Sonali Bendre, nothing more to be said.

4. Ek Lakdi Bheegi Bhaagi Si - all time classic from Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi
Kishore Kumar, Madhubala, a rainy night, a broken down car and simply MAGIC.

5. Saawan Ka Mahina Pawan Kare Sor - from the movie Milan
Shor nahi baba sor, SOR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pit Pat patter

I like your sentences !

Rahul