Last Day of the Year MMXI A.D. The year of the initiation of change. After having spent a couple of pretty lousy years, I can look back on Twenty11 with some satisfaction. And what is more am actually looking forward to the changes 2012 is going to bring into my life.
A quick summary of some major happenings (may not seem much but certainly one was a life changer)
- Changed apartments, then flatmate moved on and I started living alone but certainly not lonely.
- At work there were tangible changes. Still at the same company, but the work location has changed and now working with an entire new set of collegaues. A Big Deal & some numbers jump made some tangible additions.
- The usual line of some people moving out of life continued but some more have entered. And permanently.
- There was a realization that with so many books to read, so many movies to watch, so many places to visit, and so many people who you can connect to, you might be alone but you should never be lonely.
- After 3 years the phone changed. Mobile phones are not just another device, they are you. Learnt it the hard way when a new phone got stolen.
- Tried to do something good and felt great about it. Life may be becoming more self-centred but certain acts like blood donation do make you feel a better human being.
- Added a new travel location - Bhopal
- Facebook kept the known ones in touch while twitter connected the new. Blogs were another sway of connecting to new people.
And as for My Pursuit of Happyness, I think I am getting there :)
To 2012, a leap year (am certainly doing something special on the most unique day of the calendar), a year of Hope & Change.
Wishing a Happy 2012 to all readers