Another post from the travel front. This time on India's most popular holiday destination. Goa.
Goa. The first thought which comes to mind is Holiday on the Beach. Had been thinking about making the trip from Mumbai for long, but hadn't been able to. Also had always wondered where exactly people went when they went to Goa. A little "desktop research" and the options presented itself. Transport was through overnight buses to and from Mumbai. And stay was booked in government guesthouse. For a first time visitor the GTDC website would be a good place to get lots of useful information.
Some trivia before the pictures
- Goa is roughly divided into 2 halves - North & South. South being the relatively quieter one.
- South part has the famous churches.
- Fenny - the drink made from cashewnuts is a must try.
- Water Sports are not permitted during monsoons
- Hotel rates differ wildly based on the date of stay. Same booking can have different rates if the stay overlaps the seasons.
- Bargain a lot if you are looking for cheap, touristy stuff
- The entire state is 110 kms long. Easily covered in a couple of days.
Enough of trivia. Now for the pictures
|Coconut trees, Beach - The Perfect Goa Picture|
The view I got from my hotel room.
|The Guardians in Gold|
|Aguada Fort & Lighthouse - Made famous by the Movie Dil Chahta Hai|
|A sea of Green|
|A Temple by the River Bank|
|Casino Royale - a floating Casino|
|Bridge on the River Mandavi|
|Traditional Goan Coconut Dance on the river cruise|
Overall, a nice short trip to a place where another one can be planned soon enough. Hopefully