*ing: Salman Khan and others in guest appearance (Randeep Hooda, Jacqueline Fernandes, Mithun Chakraborty et al)
Director: Sajid Nadiadwala
Genre: Salman Khan (the man is now a genre in himself)
A Salman Khan movie releasing on Eid. Low on content, high on collections. And here I am, making notes after having made my contribution.
A thrill-seeker with a heart of gold, added with the touch of Robin Hood, being chased by a good police officer. A movie which lives to its catch-line - दिल में आती है, समझ में नहीं।
- The bit roles are impressively played out with special mentions for Sanjay Mishra's police inspector or Mithun Da's role as Salman's father.
- The animation describing the lead character was well depicted and certainly the best part of the movie.
- Salman Khan now can spoof himself, randomly appearing in the Chulbul Pandey persona from Dabbangg.
- Jacqueline Fernandes makes Katrina Kaif look like a great actor. Could have been dropped altogether from the film without having any impact on the box office collections.
- Nawazuddin over-acted but also provided a couple of funny moments while Rajit Kapoor was a complete waste.
- At times the film appeared to a random compilation of shots and songs with too many narration gaps. A case of haphazard editing to meet the Eid deadline?
- The film seems to have made itself without any director or script.
- Amidst all the buffonery, there are many social messages sent out. Kick can also be considered a good promo for all the social causes supported by Salman Khan.
Rating - X/10, X = amount of love/devotion you have for Salman Khan. Who am I to rate Bhai's work.
Previously on MovieNotes - American Hustle